13.10.06

Tis what it is all about…

For those that care, here is the update.

The hustle is in full effect. As you may have read, I am, homeless. Luckily I have some very kind friends who have taken me in, fed me, and kept me thoroughly imbibed. I am thankful to all of them.

I still really do not have a job. I work and get paid just enough to eat each week. This is not by choice. I daily dutifully send out curriculum vitae’s, cover letters, writing samples, and the like. So far, nothing much has come of it.

I moved out of the fat pad 10 days ago. Until today, I was resting my head on a friend’s couch on the Upper West Side. Grateful though I am, my body let me know it was time to go—my head no longer turns left.

Timing has lately been a real bitch but it worked out for the best this time. I received a call a few days ago from a friend I had not seen is some time. She’d heard of my plight and informed me that she had an extra room at her place. So here I am, sitting at her kitchen table, writing. Live and direct from Williamsburg. That is right; I left the island and am now officially in Brooklyn. Who knows how long this good grace will last but right now it feels great. I can finally inflate my mattress.

--10/09/2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home