26.8.05

From Overheard...

August 26, 2005
Nonverbal Communication (A NYC Short Story)


I'm in a bus stuck in traffic. I look out the window down at this woman driving alone in her car. She's talking on her cell phone. After watching her continue to talk for 15 seconds or so, I see her suddenly put the cell between her ear and shoulder, release the steering wheel and use both hands to give the "in quotes" gesture. I'm sure this helped alleviate any possible misinterpretation of what she was saying to the person on the other end of the phone.

--Lincoln Tunnel

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

back to pirates:
(ALSO FROM OVERHEARD...)

Girl: Well, one of my relatives on my grandmother's side was one of Blackbeard's First Mates...So, I have some pirate in me.

--56th & Park

08 September, 2005 15:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home