8.2.06

I Am Being Watched.

So yesterday, I leave the office to cross the street to grab a cup of coffee. I pick up my coffee and crossed the street to return to the office. I paused on the corner away from the senseless foot traffic to have a smoke and enjoy my coffee before going back to work. As I stand there, looking either both incredibly sophisticated and debonair or like a corporate terrorist, I realize that I am being watched. I look around and see no one looking at me in particular. It is at about that moment that I see the lens of a camera, which was being held at waist level, pointed right at me. The thumb was working overtime. I looked at the guy incredulously. He did not look back. Finally we made eye contact and he shuffled off. He looked like a homeless jesus with an expensive slr.

I was and continue to be disconcerted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home