5.1.06

The 37000 foot high blog.

Albeit late, welcome to 2006 from me.

I am full aware that most may have come to this space to find my hilariously brilliant resolutions for the coming year. Alas that is not the case, I’m not making any resolutions, I do not see the point—why mess with what’s working?

Instead, I will ramble aimlessly from my seat here in the plane which has decided not to recline. I have left St. Louis and am on my way home. The soundtrack from Orange County to St. Louis was Sufjan Stevens. The soundtrack for the St. Louis to LaGuardia leg begins with The Mountain Goats.

2005 was a year. I always feel it appropriate to open a paragraph with something ridiculously brilliant. So, to reiterate, 2005 was a year. As you can tell from the date of the posting below I have not written here in some time—with good cause I assure you. The whole law school thing got a bit busy there in November and December, luckily, (fingers crossed) it looks like the work paid off. The final semester approaches rapidly and I am looking forward to having it behind me.

The snacks on this leg of the flight suck. I do not recommend Honey Roasted Almonds & Sesame Sticks by Fisher. Also, flying with a touch of the flu slash bronchitis blows; really.

Back to 2005 being a year, a lot happened and it was really interesting at the time, there were some very memorable moments and some quite sad ones (many peeps and animals bounced). All in all, I think I was quite happy with 2005 but I am still waiting to win the lottery and date a supermodel. I feel it in my bones that 2006 will be a big one. If for nothing else I am getting older and rapidly approaching a genetically mandated senility that might also double for brilliance;

Does anywhere in NYC take coupons? Not that I have any coupons that need using, but I’ve always assumed that their usage didn’t exist. What ever happened to Wacko Jacko’s pet monkey?

Back to nothingness, my flight has an hour left and I need to cough.

1 Comments:

Blogger they call me the R said...

by the way...we need more cowbell--we need more cowbell. get on it.

12 January, 2006 00:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home