21.7.04

oh…robot

First off let me say that my initial intrigue to this movie way back when was the robots.  I truthfully thought this would be some weird Bjork movie based on the robots from the Bjork video “All is Full of Love”.  Months after I viewed the teaser, the truth was realized—Will Smith battles white robots—here again was another cheap rip-off since the Flaming Lips had the magnificent “Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots” album.  But alas, I digress. 
 
This film is quite entertaining in a way that I didn’t think a major Hollywood studio production could be, given the subject matter. Spending the $10.25 just didn’t hurt that bad.  It was visually stimulating; the acting was fine, the plot not too transparent and the script surprisingly decent.  Just in case you didn’t know by now, this movie is about ROBOTS.
 
ROBOT movies are intriguing kind of in the same vein that dragon movies are.  How can anyone forget the instant classic Reign of Fire (quite possibly one of the finest pieces of cinematic achievement in the past two centuries that was haphazardly disregarded by all alleged serious cinephiles due merely to the presence of marines parachuting out of attack helicopters with battle axes to battle dragons in mid-air sequences prior to either dying or returning to the scorched, post-apocalyptic landscape formerly known as earth.)
 
Again, ROBOTS.
 
In other news…as I sit here and script this bloggolithic masterpiece of drivel, I am basking in the feeling that these are my last few hours in this office.  My last days of boredom and mental atrophy are finally coming to an end; by the time this is posted, they will be complete.
 
With the death of this life I must embark upon another and prepare for my return to the institution and place of my former residence.  School and CA beckon, however in the reverse order.  So really, the proper order for the previous sentence should read, CA and school beckon, but the fact of the matter is that it was originally written as school and CA beckon, however in the reverse order; so that is how it will remain.
 
While it is too soon to celebrate yet, we can get ready.  Lance Armstrong won the second to last time trial at Alpe d’Huez in convincing fashion.  Dude is amazing.  Disregard the fact that he is a cancer survivor and his accomplishments in the grandest of the grand tours are undiminished.  Add cancer to the mix and he becomes a freak of nature. 
 
It appears that my Office Assistant dog might have fleas. 
 
Are you ready for this?
 
ROBOTS…  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home