26.10.04

In response to J___ -- blogged from Grace

As most of you know, I’ve been sick as of late. This obviously has precluded both my creative and intellectual output from being at its full potential. On a side note, I am eternally grateful to Microsoft Word for letting me never have to worry whether I’m using ITS or IT’S appropriately.

Like I mentioned a day ago or so, I say I [heart] Huckabees within the last week. I liked it—a lot. It reminded me of this poem I wrote my sophomore year of high school called Everything that is Nothing Forever. If I can find it, I’ll post it for you reading enjoyment.

I walked out of the film and steadily, as I waited for the train, the refrain, “I feel outside myself, inside the rumble of the train” kept repeating itself in my head. It wasn’t a line in the movie, it was my line and I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do with it. I still am unsure. I think the guy next to me has a disease.

The film inspired me for a little while and I scribed privately, as appropriate. After a while I realized that it really was all pointless. I felt intelligent for understanding the film and it massaged my ego that I had had many of the thoughts expressed in the dialogue. And then I felt cheap. In sixth grade I was taught to never begin a sentence with ‘and then’. I’m not sure why. But obviously, I digress. The point of this is that there really is no point and isn’t that, in some sick, humorous way, the point of everything? Like I said in my adolescent youth, isn’t Everything that is Nothing Forever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home